District Secretary: POSITION DESCRIPTION
The member elected as District Secretary for the District Committee records and distributes minutes of District Committee Meetings in a timely manner. The Secretary is responsible for providing a written record of the proceedings of meetings. This will be in a standard format of “Minutes” which records attendance, reports, presentations, and motions, by whom made and seconded and whether passed or defeated. These minutes will not attempt to include either a transcript or summary of discussion concerning any motion. There may be occasions when an agreed consensus may be reached instead of by motion and vote. In such cases, the subject of the agreed consensus will be recorded.
The District Secretary will also maintain a copy of District Committee Meeting Minutes and District Committee Motions in hardcopy format at the Langley Intergroup Office.
The District Secretary should:
- have a least one year of sobriety;
- be functionally literate in English;
- be proficient in computer-based, word-processor application programs and electronic mail;
- have the ability to capture the essentials of a meeting;
- have a rudimentary knowledge of 12 Traditions;
- be open-minded and willing;
- be tactful.
To be fearless and thorough, the District Secretary will need to commit 4 to 8 hours per month. Efficiency and throughput will increase as the term progresses.